Saturday, August 21, 2010

Stuffed animal in a bath tub--bleach?

me and my friend are bleaching a plush monkey. its one of those fair monkeys, so its relatively big and bright red. how much bleach do u need to put in and do u need to let the monkey dry after putting the bleach in the bath tub? or duz it turn white IN the water?Stuffed animal in a bath tub--bleach?
No. Use a chlorine free bleach type detergent. I wash my dogs stuffed teddy bears as need be and this does not dull the colors. Depending on the size of the stuffed toy and what it's made of, you usually can put it in the dryer on the lowest setting (air fluff) and not damage it. Otherwise, hanging it on a clothes line and let it sun dry also works. I've hung stuffed toys by their ears and they didn't lose their shape. If it's really large then you may want to lay it out on a heavy towel so you don't ruin the shape of the toy. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment