Saturday, August 21, 2010

Emergency! flood from bath tub. carpet flood HELP!?

so there is some flooding in some areas of carpet. I left the tub running and fell asleep and it went through to the downstairs. I need to know if it would be better to use a wet/dry vacuum or a carpet shampooer to get all the water out. Also any other tips would be appreciated (fans, dehumidifiers, etc.) if anyone knows about how much this costs, that would also be great. Thanks!Emergency! flood from bath tub. carpet flood HELP!?
A wet dry vacuum is a good start. Then use fans and dehumidifiers. Later on shampoo for the mold.Emergency! flood from bath tub. carpet flood HELP!?
I had that happen to me, I had the water in my tub running went to do something else and forgot. I used my carpet cleaner and it worked great. If you have a wet/dry vacuum it would probably have a larger capacity, I had to empty my cleaner often. I used a fan to dry. A friend of mine had a broken pipe which flooded the carpet and went all in the floor underneath. A professional was called, after most of the water was taken up, they used a industrial strength fan that was on for several days nonstop. I'm sorry I don' t know the cost but there are water damage restoration companies in the yellow pages you can try.
if there's too much water on the carpet then it'll take a while for it to dry up but you shouldd be careful bcuz nats and mosquitoes will be attracted to anything wet and mucky...but fans are good ideas and maybe dehumidifiers

No comments:

Post a Comment