Saturday, August 21, 2010

Should I install tile under my bath tubs and toilets?

I am going to install ceramic tile myself. My house is new construction, should I install the tile under my tubs and toilets?Should I install tile under my bath tubs and toilets?
You will have to install under the toilet, but there is no point to install tile under the tub, just up to it. Plus you run the risk of breaking your tub. If the tub ever moves at all the porcelain can chip against the hard ceramic.Should I install tile under my bath tubs and toilets?
We are building a house also, and I have put the tile under the toilet and the tub as well. It's much easier to do it that way and looks much better.
it depends, are you running the pipes to the tub on an inside wall or outside wall? outside wall plumbing usually goes under the tub and back through the floor to prevent pipe freeze if you loose heat,which would be a pain if you had a problem.you would also have to adjust the toilet flange for the height of the sub floor,unless the flange is already installed,then use an extension or extra thick ring because the toilet needs to sit flush so there is no wobble from it being to high.
Yes! It will also up the value of your house.. %26amp; it is very pretty I have done it in my house also easy to keep clean..

No comments:

Post a Comment