Saturday, August 7, 2010

My daughter hit her head on the bath tub.?

My daughter is a little over 6 months and she was taking a bath with me and tried to stand up (with me holding her of course) and she hit her head on the side of the bath tub. She has a bruise on her head. Should I be concerned?? She has been more cranky then normal and screams more im not sure if it is just from the bruise on her head or she just wants attention. Please let me know some impute. Thank you in advanceMy daughter hit her head on the bath tub.?
For the next three or four hours, pay close attention to her eyes, how she behaves, if she is sleepy (more than usual), and if she vomits.


If you see any strange behavior, check with an ER.





The bruise on her head must hurt, and could be making her a little cranky.My daughter hit her head on the bath tub.?
While I would never suggest taking a baby to the ER just for a head bump, you know her best. If she won't stop crying and can't be soothed, you should take her in. Be prepared though for a CT scan- it's traumatic. More so for you than her (they will have to tie her down.) Be sure it's serious before you go (I wish I had known that with my son.) They are not just going to look at her, they will order the CT scan.





The key is if she can't be soothed by holding her, feeding her, etc. You know, the normal things that work.
Well my baby 9months does bungee jumping without a cord, so she has have quite her share of bumps on her head and besides crying when she hits her heat she goes back to being her usual self.


So my suggestion is that you take her to the doctor just to confirm everything is fine.





Ah and my baby is just really active and she keeps bumping her little head.
If she is fussing and not herself at all, I would have her ped take a look just in case.
Call your doctor and talk to a nurse, they will give you good advice. Maybe give her some tylenol?

No comments:

Post a Comment