Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bath Tub Re-Glazing?? Should I??

My bath tub is about 20yrs old, nothing fancy just a standard tub. The problem is since it borders 3 walls I am guessing it would be expensive to replace. Does re-glazing really work? If I get a professional to do this, how long should I expect the new surface to last? Also, does anyone know what a ';ball park'; figure would be to have this done??





Thanks,





Alan,





LouisianaBath Tub Re-Glazing?? Should I??
If you do it yourself - approx $25 -$50 (walmart / hardware stores- paint department)


We just re-glazed our tub DIY. Our tub was from the yellow era but in great shape.


If you DIY make sure you follow ALL instructions. You have to clean/sand it several different ways to prepare the surface. Make sure you follow ALL instructions... it says to brush only one way and it light coats.... Also it smells really bad for a few days.


I heard that re-glazing the professional way cost about as much as a new tub without the installation fees. Another idea is to re-cover the tub. A professional applies a 1/8 inch (acrylic?) covering over everything - it would all be sealed and groves from tiles are still there.
  • dermatologist acne
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment