Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bathing 7.5 month old in bath tub - bath seat or non-slip mat?

My son can sit up great on his own so we are not going to use the baby bath tub anymore. What can I get so he doesn't slip in the bath tub? Should I just use one of those rubbery bath mat things they put in bath tubs?





Or is there some kind of bath seat that works better?Bathing 7.5 month old in bath tub - bath seat or non-slip mat?
If you only have one in the tub I like these a lot. Its pretty much half the size of the full bath which is plenty of room, but fills up faster and stopped my son from standing (and falling) all the time:


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>





But now I have two, and my toddler loves to play with the baby in the bath and my baby has started trying to stand so I am going to try a bath ring -if I can find oneBathing 7.5 month old in bath tub - bath seat or non-slip mat?
Bath seats can be really dangerous. I would get a bathmat - although pay frequent attention to the underside (make sure to air dry after each bath) %26amp; bleach it regularly. I had stickers I put in the bottom of the tub when they were little.





Just a reminder to everyone - Never leave a baby unattended ever ever ever - which would be a temptation with a seat. I have heard of moms running to answer the phone because they were sure baby was fine in the seat for a second.
I have a bath seat for my 8 month old daughter. this is the one I have.





http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Baby%20Bathi鈥?/a>











just to add, only an idiot would leave a baby ';just for a second'; in the tub, whether or not you have a bath seat shouldnt matter. the seat is to help them sit up...
Around that age we ditched the baby bath tub too. We bought a regular bath mat so his little butt doesn't slide around. It works fine. I always sit on the floor and play with him anyway, so if he did tip over I'd be able to catch him before his head hit the water.
We have a bath sponge. It's just a flat piece of sponge that is comfortable and not slippery. You can just throw it in the washing machine. I used it in his infant tub and in the big bath tub. It only cost $5.
I bathed my children in the baby bath tub until they could stand firmly on their own. Then, I showered them in the bathroom. I placed a non-slip bath mat in the shower cubicle.
At that age, I had my son on a bath cushion. A mat is sufficient, but the bath cushion is more comfortable. They sell them at Babies R Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment